How long have you been designing/illustrating for: I finished my illustration degree in 2008 and had lots of different jobs after this and I kept up my illustration on the side, it wasn’t until I moved to brighton that I started pushing my illustration work and it developed from there! Living in such a creative city is so inspiring!
● What best describes your style: I’m such a people watcher I find myself making up characters or drawing someone I saw when I was walking down the street so I guess I’d describe it as that I pretty much always draw people. That’s what I love, I especially love drawing sassy women and trying to express myself through my work!
● Tell us a little about where you find inspiration from: tattoos are probably my main inspiration, then it’s people and fashion, I love Instagram and Pinterest and I have lots of saved fashion images that I take bits from and piece together my work! I always draw from my head though and pride myself on that!
● Now to the exclusive pin - what made you create this style of pin, and where did your inspiration come from for it? I thought as my girls are what I’m most known for I’ll draw a sassy summer lady, inspired by all these girls expressing themselves and having a fun summer!
● If you had any advice for budding designers/illustrators out there what would it be: life drawing is really important so try and go to classes or draw from life as much as possible, my dad always taught me to never draw from pictures as it can become lifeless so try and build on your life drawing skill to then be able to draw from your own imagination!
Quick fire round
● Favourite Artist: Ooooh I love Dilraj Mann who created Dalston Monsterzzz
● Favourite holiday destination: I LOVE cornwall and Cork in Ireland
● Favourite animal: cats 100% forever
● Favourite Colour: peachy pink
● Tell us your best joke: If I’m ever drinking wine I like to just say “wine not?” Over and over until my friends tell me to stop.